Stop Coronavirus Ghana, a campaign to prevent the spread of the virus, has launched a ‘StopCovid19 Ghana Video Challenge’, as part of its awareness activities in the fight against the spread of COVID-19 in Ghana.
The goal of the Stop COVID-19 Ghana Challenge is to highlight and raise awareness on COVID-19 Good Hygiene & Social Distancing measures, recommended by health authorities.
Stop CoronaVirus Ghana Campaign Coordinator Stephen Gyasi-Kwaw, is therefore, making a special appeal to celebrities, digital influencers, corporate organisations, diplomats in Ghana, political leaders, religious leaders and the general public to join in this challenge to drive awareness on COVID-19 Prevention Measures & Social Distancing.
How to Participate in the Challenge:
- Select two (2) or three (3) COVID-19 recommended good hygiene and social distancing measures from StopCOVID19Ghana.org or www.ghanahealthservice.org/covid19/
- Record a 2-minute video of yourself highlighting at least two (2) good hygiene or social distancing measures that you are using. Tell us HOW and WHY you are protecting yourself from COVID-19. We encourage you to record your video in English or a local Ghanaian language you are comfortable with.
- Keep it natural, simple and clear, but get creative! Here are some messaging prompts to use or adapt:
At the beginning of your video: Mention that you are participating in the Stop COVID-19 Ghana Video Challenge
After sharing your good hygiene and social distancing tips: Invite 3-5 other people to join the challenge – mention their names. E.g.“I challenge Amma Fuseini to join the Stop COVID-19 Ghana Video challenge”
At the end of the video: Call the public to action with this message: “How are you protecting yourself from COVID19? Are you social distancing? Create your own video and let us know what you are doing to #StopCOVID19gh. Join the campaign at StopCOVID19Ghana.org.
- Upload your video to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and publish with the hashtags #StopCOVID19Gh, #COVID19Ghana and #Ghana.
- Make sure you tag @StopCOVID19Gh (FB) or @StopCOVID19.Gh (Twitter, IG) on your post – also tag the friends you challenged and share your video with them.
- The Stop CoronaVirus Ghana Campaign team will review video submissions for reposting on our various channels.
“Together we can combat the COVID-19 Pandemic in Ghana. Act now to save lives,” Gyasi-Kwaw said. Vitsit www.stopcovid19ghana.org for more information about Stop Coronavirus Ghana.